Wednesday, March 31, 2010

The OTHER Easter story.....


So, first of all, here are my two goofs!  Right after my own heart.  Emilie is now sporting one of the worst baby mullets of all time.  Its cute because I can fit it in a ponytail, but she hates when I do that, so she pulls it out, revealing all of her stringy baby hair, that is quite long in the back.  Oh well.  Everyone assures me that it will grow out and look nice....and ultimately, they tell me not to cut it.  It actually looks cute on a normal day when I have a bow in it. 

We are doing the Resurrection Eggs as a family before Easter.  If you haven't heard of them, they are a great tool for kids to learn the story of Easter.  Yesterday we opened the egg with praying hands inside, which symbolizes when Jesus went to the garden to pray before his death.  Today, we recapped that story before moving on to the next egg.  While I was in the middle of my very serious moment with Carter, I asked him if he remembered the name of the place Jesus went to pray (Gethsemane) and I had to remind him.  Next thing I know, my precious moment of seriousness is ruined as Carter blurts out "Ohhhh, I thought he went to the HOTEL to pray."  I looked at Tim and tried not to break a smile, but MAN that is hard not to do!  Good thing we are only doing two eggs at a time because he can only make it through about 1 1/2 before I lose him completely.  Oh well- there is always tomorrow's egg.

No comments: