Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Welcome to the Neighborhood!

So a new neighbor moved in across the street.  It's a young couple.  Yesterday, the husband came over to ask a question and introduce himself since the kids and I were outside.  We chatted and I answered his question.  Then he was ready to leave.......or so he thought.

Let me clarify that I had never met or seen this person before- and neither had my kids.  So- the man is about to leave when I look down.  Thank goodness I did.  Carter had hooked a bungee cord to the man's shoe lace and connected it to his bike.....all while we were talking.  I was horrified.  All I could think to say to Carter was, "Carter, we don't hook people we just met."  Yup, couldn't come up with anything better. 

Needless to say, the neighbor was very understanding.  I'm not sure if he was faking it or not, but I have to say- his wife is pregnant with their first baby (A BOY) and for a minute, I think I saw sheer terror in his eyes.

BOYS WILL BE BOYS!

1 comment:

Liz said...

A bungee cord???? Kills me!